Tuesday

What the cr*p did I see this year?

I know, I know, what a frigg*ng lady like title. -'Best of posts'- have always tended to be my favorite reads. Beez it on a bathroom stall wall,  a magazine, book, other blogs, trains, planes, automobiles, you name it. You may ask yourself, "Hey, why don't I make a 'Best Of' weekly?" You really should...in fact, start right now. What a great idea! Hold the phone, I'll start too...next week. Woot! To be quite frank + polite (which normally don't go hand in hand), trying to regularly update me blog has been a struggle. It's harder than a physical exercise routine. Themes will help keep things fresh, so maybe coming up with a few sometime may help me get better at this whole blog thing. Or maybe I should just jump the shark and go 3D Vlog. $60 goes a long way nowadays...if only there was a Max Headrom interface for Mac. SOLD. Wow, I am really beginning to type like Jeff Goldblum speaks. Back to biz, list making stat. Here goes... *drumroll*
What the heck did I distract myself with this year thus far entertainment wise list of 2010? list. (Disclaimer: This shall be a courageous feat as such a list could be potentially depressing) :

En Theaters:
  • South of the Border
  • Coco Before Chanel
  • Toy Story 3---> <3 <3 <3, big bro's work
  • Expendables.. what was I thinking? I remember nothing... 'cause it blew!
  • Greenberg ('twas my favorite :-)
  • Cyrus  ... oh silly, silly Cyrus
  • Predators... hahahahahahaha
  • Splice.. SO AWKWARD with parents, especially that scene when you know who does you know what with you know it.
  • Shutter Island.. let down
  • Inception
  • DayBreakers.. had potential, but lost it all in the end
  • Iron Man 2... zzz...
  • Wolfman ...over the top, forced musical score ruined it, but Lizzy saved it with her Anthony Hopkins impression..."Lawrence, I'm your father, Lawrence. Lawrence!"
  • A lice In Wonderland ...liked it
  • Devil.. really dug it. what a creative man, that Shyalaman. He's like a full dry erase board covered with good ideas.
  • Potter, Harry Potter: HP 7 this week, batter up!
*Whoa! How did I manage to squeeze by this year without seeing any Nicolas Cage movies?

New @ home:
  • Squid & the Whale  ... <3 
  • Margot's Wedding.. (<---BOOring)
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox :-)
  • Amadeus
  • 3/4 of The Pickup Artist
  • Kickarse
  • Book of Eli
  • When In Rome (yeah, so wha?!)
  • & Lastly,  Zombieland, I liked Zombieland, mhmm.
Shows*:
  • Tim & Eric Awesome Show (on demand)
  • Whitest Kids You Know (on demand)
  •  MST3K (netflix)
  • How I Met Your Mother (on demand) 
*I'm probably only up to 64.7% of inside joke capacity.

Podcast: This American Life
Albums: Night Life-Scissor Sisters, This Is Happening- LCD Soundsystem, Fever Ray, David Byrne.
Books: 1984, Diary of A Wimpy Kid :-)
En Concerto:
  • Scissor Sisters 
  • Casey Spooner 
  • Matt & Kim
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream Opera
  • Norm MacDonald

Video Games: Pixel Junk (yes, still) , Left 4 Dead, New Super Mario Bros.
Bier: Kasteel Rouge & Chimay Peres Trappistes Ale....mmm...trappistes ale.

...DadadaDang!
                                                                    -Ze End-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all the cr*p that's pushed on us weekly, it's impressive that your "cr*p list" is so short! Bravo on steering clear of most of the cr*p!

-P-

M.G. said...

Cr*p! You're mighty kind, P! ^_^